- Stride: neutral
- Recommended for competitions and short trails
- User profile: experienced runners, under 70 kg
- Recommended terrain: paths
- Level of cushioning: 19 mm, soft
- Designed for rocky, muddy and uphill terrain
- Enhanced multi-directional push-offs, stability, comfort and correct running technique
- Light and comfortable
- Weight: 241 g (per shoe)
- Zero Drop™
- FootShape™ Toe Box
- Altra Ego™
- Gaiter Trap™
- Comfortable design
- FootLock Strap
- Customisable fit
- Improved comfort and terrain feel
- Precise, comfortable support
- Gaiters can be attached with Gaiter Trap™ velcro system
- Interior and lining: 76% polypropylene film, 24% polypropylene mesh
- Zero Drop™ platform: for the best running posture
- Heel and forefoot in line with the ground level
- Respects natural body alignment
- FootShape™ Toe Box
- Increased stability and propulsion
- Enhanced midfoot attack
- Removable footbed
- Comfortable, breathable and hygienic
- Altra Ego™
- Optimal energy return
- Vibram MegaGrip® outsole
- Canted lugs for better grip and optimal adherence
- Reinforced support and improved balance
- Excellent stability
- Excellent grip on all surfaces
- Extra reinforcement for greater stability
- Composition: 80% RB - rubber, 20% EVA - ethylene-vinyl acetate (resin)
TRAILCLAW: Designed for trail, this unique outsole has canted lugs directly positioned under the metatarsals and "claws" at the front of the shoe for optimal uphill and downhill traction.
Zero Drop™ Platform: Places your heel and forefoot the same distance from the ground to encourage low-impact running technique, respects the natural alignment of the body and strengthens calf muscles that are weakened by raised heels.
Altra Ego™: Thanks to a clever mix of materials combining comfort, flexibility, rebound and resistance, the Altra Ego is the holy grail of cushioning. Its close to the ground cushioning and increased responsiveness gives you unequalled sensations. Altra Ego™ is designed for those who do not want to focus on comfort over dynamism.
Altra Ego's dynamism helps you keep rhythm and pace with maximum energy return. This new innovative material helps improve rebound, energy return and durability.
Unlike EVA midsoles, Altra EGO™ gains in performance when it heats up. In comparative tests with traditional running shoe foams this new cushioning has proven incredible durability, allowing it to maintain its cushioning properties and responsiveness throughout the life of the shoe
FootShape™ Toe Box: Allows your toes to spread out comfortably and naturally and for the big toe to reduce pronation. The result is improved stability and increased propulsion for optimal running performance.
GAITERTRAP: Innovative velcro tab for attaching gaiters easily without having to attach them under the sole. Prevents debris from building up in and beneath the shoe.
Vibram®: The benchmark for abrasion-resistant rubber soles. Exclusive compositions are created according to the specific requirements of each activity. For hiking and trekking, shoes with Vibram technology have a sole that ensures optimal traction, support and cushioning, even on uneven terrain.
MEGAGRIP: Technique developed by Vibram® for slippery surfaces. MegaGrip provides excellent grip for wet and dry ground, while maintaining a high level of durability. It gives an unbeatable combination of grip and durability.
EVA: The moulded EVA insert provides lightweight cushioning and stability.