Use: ski, snowboard, winter sports
- Water resistance: 28,000 mm
- Breathability: RET <9
- Gore-Tex® 2-layer membrane
- DWR water-repellent coating
- Schoeller® reinforcements on the lower leg and hems
- Taffeta and polyester mesh lining
- Designed for freeride
- Regular fit
- Modern design, pre-shaped knees
- Detachable straps
- Zip and button fastening
- Velcro adjustment
- Zipped back pocket
- 2 zipped side pockets
- Slanted zip vents on the thighs
- Gaiters with stretchy silicone
- High performance
- Optimal freedom of movement
- Weight: 755 g (size L)
- Fluorocarbon-free DWR treatment
- Gore-Tex®: 100% polyamide, 70D canvas armour with ePTFE membrane, 148 g/m²
- Schoeller® Keprotec: 73% cordura® polyamide, 14% polyurethane, 13% kevlar®, 240 g/m²
- Bluesign® approved
GORE-TEX®: The Gore-Tex® membrane is a very thin layer of expanded polytetrafluoroethylene (ePTFE) with a laminated outer fabric and is often lined. It is waterproof (28,000 mm) and windproof (RET between 6 and 13), as well as permeable to water vapour. The result is that water from the outside does not penetrate the garment, the cold wind does not get through and perspiration is easily released.
Fluorocarbon free DWR: This coating allows water to form beads and run off the shell fabric instead of being absorbed. The water-repellent outer fabric increases insulation and prevents it from being saturated by liquids, preventing any feeling of dampness.
The waterproof treatment is derived from a hydrocarbon base made from silicone and / or wax. In order to preserve the environment, all perfluorinated chemicals (PFCs) are removed from the coating.
Schoeller® Keprotec: This extremely protective fabric was initially developed for motorbike racing. High-resistance aramid fibres, such as Kevlar® fibres, ensure high durability as well as temperature stability in combination with a high level of comfort.
Cordura®: A high tech fabric known for its durability, solidity, light weight and easy care. Cordura® is extremely abrasion-resistant (4 times more than standard nylon and 20 times more than cotton). The light, rough surface is typical for this fabric.
Kevlar®: Best known for its use in resistant armour, Kevlar® is an aramid fibre developed by DuPont™. It is a thermoplastic polymer consisting of aromatic rings which are separated by the amide groups. It is also used in various garments, accessories and equipment to enhance safety and abrasion resistance. It is light, durable and resistant.
This is a synthetic fibre which has excellent tensile properties and a high tensile strength. The toughness of Kevlar comes from its structure of hydrogen bonds held together between polymer chains.
RET Breathability Index: Breathability determines the ability a fabric has for moisture wicking, it is measured in Thermal Evaporative Resistance (RET).
- RET < 6: extremely breathable fabric. Fabric that is comfortable during intense exercise.
- RET < 12: very breathable fabric. Fabric that is comfortable to wear during moderate exercise.
- RET < 20: medium breathable fabric. Fabric that is uncomfortable to wear during intense exercise.
- RET > 20: not very breathable fabric. Fabric that is uncomfortable to wear during moderate exercise.
Bluesign® Standard: Environmental program to eliminate substances that are potentially hazardous to human health or the environment from the textile supply chain. A Bluesign® approved fabric ensures that: